where to put heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caige

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a dual overflow (drilled) 125 saltwater FOWLR... with a 40gallon wet / dry. My question is - where should I put the submersible heater(s).

Should I put a 150w in EACH of the overflows.... should I put a 300watt only in the wet dry etc....

Thanks

I'd go with 300W in the wet/dry filter. Or you could put two 150W in the wet/dry for redundancy.

Thanks! Can I lay them sideways in the acrylic wet/dry? it won't "burn" through or anything, right?

I was just looking at the wattage to gallons ratio and it looks like a 200w is good for 55gallons.. .so i'm gonna need 2 200w ones. I'm buying this one from Dr. Foster and Smith --- unless you guys suggest somehting else.

2 x ---- "CD-18714 Visi-Therm Stealth Heater. that would be a total of 110gallons but sure that will be fine.

I was just looking at the wattage to gallons ratio and it looks like a 200w is good for 55gallons.. .so i'm gonna need 2 200w ones. I'm buying this one from Dr. Foster and Smith --- unless you guys suggest somehting else.

2 x ---- "CD-18714 Visi-Therm Stealth Heater. that would be a total of 110gallons but sure that will be fine.

I got the 300W visi-therm heater and it works great. Foster and Smith is a good site. (just throwing that out there. ;))

I use finexx titanium heaters.....they don't break.....

Nope. But I do use a titanium grounding probe after I had a ph split and leach voltage into my tank, wiping it out.....

Nope. But I do use a titanium grounding probe after I had a ph split and leach voltage into my tank, wiping it out.....
Yeah, I knew I read something about that. Sorry man I have a bad case of CRS and it's getting worse.LOL

LOL, no problem! I was one of the first ones to jump on the Hydors and bought the original batch that didn't have the motor sealed very well.

Back
Top Bottom