Which brand of heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

extremenewb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I'm getting a heater for my 20g tank and I'm wondering which brand to get. All have similar prices on ebay, so I was wondering if any1 thought any brands were better than others. Btw, I'm getting a 100W one, and I live in AUssie, so there might be some brands you guys in US won't recognise.

Aqua One
Resun
Orca
Visi Therm <- I guess I prefer this since it appears to be shortest in length :p

THanks

I haven't heard of the first 3 brands...thus I won't trust em. Visi-therm is a good brand, as is ebo-jager. Those are the only submersible's I trust.
I like Hydor's in-line heaters if you use a canister filter.

I get the feeling, just by browsing lfs's and online stores that Aqua-one and Resun are repackaged cheapies, they look like brands which have a whole range of entry level (nasty PQ) equipment. You get what you pay for.

I like the Hagen Tronics because they have shields available to protect the heaters from rocks and keep fish from getting burned when they brush up against them. I use them in all of my tanks. Ebo-Jagers are probably the best brand that you can find anywhere.

Thx.... I'll bid for visi-therm then...
sigh.... I sometimes wish I had your prices.... Other brands are quite rare in Aust... Looking at a mail order site.. the 100W varieties retail at:
(NB $AUD1 = $USD0.70)
Hagen Tronic Compact - $56
Jager - $53

Back
Top Bottom