Which bulb should I use for replacment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike.doyle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It is my first time replacing the bulbs in my lighting system. I have double ended 2-250 watt metal halides, and 4-36" T-5's. I was wondering from your guys experience what is a good brand of bulb to use for replacment. Also which color of T-5's look best I was looking around and have seen multiple diffrent colors in the T-5's. Any advice is much appreciated

I bought coralife t5s and the colors were horrible and they are dull, id stay away from them. I now use the guissman actinic+ and they are really bright and a nice blue.

It is my first time replacing the bulbs in my lighting system. I have double ended 2-250 watt metal halides, and 4-36" T-5's. I was wondering from your guys experience what is a good brand of bulb to use for replacment. Also which color of T-5's look best I was looking around and have seen multiple diffrent colors in the T-5's. Any advice is much appreciated

For halides i really like 14k phoenix bulbs nice crisp white with a slight blue tint growth is good and actinics almost dont help because the color of light from phoenix is so good

Back
Top Bottom