Which canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LyndaB said:
I have a Rena and wouldn't change it for the world. I absolutely love it. It's quiet and keeps my tank clean. Minimal cleaning of the filter housing and media makes it even better.

Personally, I never let money dictate my filter choice. And yes, we're on a budget like most everyone else. When you figure that this little piece of machinery helps keep your pets alive, it's worth whatever you need to pay to get the right equipment for your tank setup and stock.

+1...........

So far it seems to be doing good. It's came with media an the filter pads. Also two double switch which on the box says not included... It didn't take to long for me to figure out how to set it up other then the stupid tubing was all in a circle so getting it to turn was kinda hard.

I also have an aquaclear 30 and an undergravel filter powered by a powerhead rated at 235gph. My current stock is 6gold barbs, 2 breeding kribs, 1bnp, and 3 sturbai cories. So does anyone have an opinion on if I could get a couple more Cory, even just one for a better school.

This is my stock according to aqadviser.

Attachments

• image-382163643.png
    image-382163643.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 61
Although I approve of your stocking, I don't count on aquadvisor to steer me in the right direction when stocking a tank. I've seen some gross errors from that site.

LyndaB said:
Although I approve of your stocking, I don't count on aquadvisor to steer me in the right direction when stocking a tank. I've seen some gross errors from that site.

Oh no I agree 100% it's only a suggestion tool. But do you think I could get one or two more Cory in the group?

I should probably add in that my kribs have bred before and are going to again.

Let you eyes and nitrates tell you if your numbers are still good and there is lots of swimming room depending on which level the fish you want swims at in your case the bottom level then you should be fine

Alright thank you. There is some aggression from my kribs to my cories right now. But i don't no if getting more cories would help or just make it worse.

Is it full out aggression or just territorial? My rams will leave my cories alone unless they wander into their corner of the tank then they just shoo them away.

Territorial and I got two of the little guys! It happens when they go near their nest or the cave he is at. The two new ones aren't as grey as my other three but I expect it to come with age and time in the tank. For some reason they don't seem to active though. All 5. And my male krib just hides in the center rocks. Barely comes out. And I havent seen my female for 4 days now last glance of her she didnt have a belly but this happened a while ago and no babies. They already had a fry once to which makes it weirder. Doesn't it?

Sorry i have been busy lately but thanks for the replies

Back
Top Bottom