Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
My LFS recommended a C220 for me, the new marineland canister series. She stated that I need to do my HW and i have, the replacement items are the killer, renas's cartridges are rediculously priced.

I was told to stay away from fluval due to their customer service along with JBJ, if they cant take care of their retailers, how much help are they going to be with a end user?

WhiteDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

I hadn't heard of JBJ until I think I saw a few on eBay, seemed like a knock-off brand and I haven't seen any in stores, so unless I could actually get my hands on one, I didn't 'evaluate' it.

How long have you had your C220 and do you have any likes/dislikes? Not that it matter for me, but someone else might find it useful...

Floyd R Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got my C360 today!

I got home this afternoon to find my Marineland C360 waiting for me! I unpacked it to check to make sure everything was there, and it was. By the way, the C360 is huge. I had only taken the C220 out of the box at the LFS. I have discovered THE reasons why Marineland states "Virtuall no bypass" - each tray interlocks with the intake tube running in sections between each tray, similar to Cascade's models, however Marineland also has a rubber gasket at the top of each basket's tube to ensure the seal. That the first one I noticed.

The big one is that the bottom basket is different from all the rest! Instead of having a flow-through bottom, like the rest of the baskets, it is deeper and has a solid bottom!

I will note here that all other manufacturers - Hagen Fluval, Cascade, Rena, Eheim - have all identical baskets and force the water flow around the outside of the baskets and down to the bottom (with exception of Cascade) which allows for the possibility of bypass between the baskets, like if the bottom basket pre-filter gets clogged. This is not even possible with Marineland the way I see it.

Just for all of you out there wondering about this product. I can't wait to get it set up!

Floyd R Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

canister, canister filter, filter, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com