Which filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcgettrickshane

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I've just purchased my first juwel 96litre (27 gallon) tank.. I bought second hand and the filter that came with it was not the one that comes with the tank when bought new. I was advised to just remove the corner filter housing as putting the required filter that fits in the housing would be too expensive. My question is would a submersible filter with the power of 150gph be sufficient. I don't want it too powerful as too upset angel fish when I've learned enough about the hobby to actually buy some fish. Also if I'm going to put tetras in (before angel) what live plants are recommended and are they fine to plant in gravel. Thankyou

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

If you want to do a biotope-ish tank, you could try swords, hornwort, and/or jungle val. There are a lot more options, since tetras are fine with most plants. Also, they should be fine in gravel as long as they have proper nutrients. Welcome to the world of aquariums!

Sorry that I didn't answer your original question...

Thank you.. Yes very excited but I am taking it very slow gathering info about cycles and compatible fish etc.. Want them to be happy and healthy

Hmm not much help here.. I must not be in the cool fish gang as of yet.. Oh well I'll keep researching.. Thanks for all your helpful input lol

Back
Top Bottom