Which light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rm86100

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ricardo- what are the dimensions (h,w,l) of the tank. 15" height doesn't sound right for a 38.

Ricardo- what are the dimensions (h,w,l) of the tank. 15" height doesn't sound right for a 38.

15x36x12 are the dimensions.

Now that you mention it I have not checked it so it may be off. Thanks
-Ricardo

I just checked, its a 28, not 38. will that make a difference??

It does make quite a bit of difference when it comes to lighting requirements. You can probably do just about any softie or LPS with the lights you posted, but I agree that the T5 may be a better option since they will allow you to keep most anything you want down the road.

It does make quite a bit of difference when it comes to lighting requirements. You can probably do just about any softie or LPS with the lights you posted, but I agree that the T5 may be a better option since they will allow you to keep most anything you want down the road.

Thanks a lot for your input. BTW how will I know if corals are captive raised? and how do I know if whoever is selling is telling me the truth?

Thanks a lot for your input. BTW how will I know if corals are captive raised? and how do I know if whoever is selling is telling me the truth?

You really won't. It ends up being a matter of finding a trusted source. There are some larger operators (ORA especially) that sell aquacultured almost exclusively to the LFSs so ask them. As far as buying from individuals, most "frags" will be captive raised even though the mother colony may have been harvested. Watch out for some on ebay who basically buy large colonies just to chop them up and sell off. Most of those were originally wild harvested.

You really won't. It ends up being a matter of finding a trusted source. There are some larger operators (ORA especially) that sell aquacultured almost exclusively to the LFSs so ask them. As far as buying from individuals, most "frags" will be captive raised even though the mother colony may have been harvested. Watch out for some on ebay who basically buy large colonies just to chop them up and sell off. Most of those were originally wild harvested.

Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom