Which new skimmer for my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, a break in period is not uncommon, and that's what that gate valve is for..to adjust the height, which will adjust the color/consistency.

mr_X said:
i wouldn't buy either one of those skimmers. what is the total water volume of your system?

I have a 50g tank with 15g regugium. Have HOB remora c skimmer that I was givin with no pump. I have sevral I can fit on to it but what would be the best one.

-aqua clear 50
-agua claer 70
Or should I buy (I think its the) maxjijet 1200 that comes with a remora when purchased new?? Does the stronger pump mean better skimming/more bubbles? Or is there such thing as too much? Thanks for reading!

i would use the recommended pump for whatever skimmer you decide on. an MJ1200 is not the stronger of the 3. actually the mj1200 is only 295 gph. the AC 70 is 400.

Well see I know that but I was wondering if I were to use say maybe atleast the AC 50 would it make the remora c skimmer better than using the MJ1200

Back
Top Bottom