Which powerhead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would recommend the AquaClear Powerhead. It works really well for my tank, has nice adjust-ability and quality.

I have the aquaclear 30 on my 40 breeder. I only run it about 50 percent the flow is so strong, I would buy a new one over and over.

I personally didn't like the Aquaclear's they seemed cheaply built and the I've ha a few fail where I had to take the plastic housing off to get the propeller to move then put the hoisin back on, I went through 3 of those.

My suggestion solely based on my experience is to go with the koralia's you can go with a nano or go one step up.

Again this was just my experience and it wasn't pleasant.

To each his own I suppose, I've had mine which was used and is running strong at 5 months.

Parrisgg said:
To each his own I suppose, I've had mine which was used and is running strong at 5 months.

Yup! Maybe just bad luck in my part but I was in the LPS all time returning them, got to the point where I just ordered a koralia and never had any issues. I like the magnet also...

Convict2161 said:
Yup! Maybe just bad luck in my part but I was in the LPS all time returning them, got to the point where I just ordered a koralia and never had any issues. I like the magnet also...

Have you recently seen that fluvial bought aquaclear?

Parrisgg said:
Have you recently seen that fluvial bought aquaclear?

Yea I saw that, with my AC110 I can't but just the sponge at the LFS anymore. Now it's a whole kit sponge, 2 bags of carbon and 2 bags of bio media. Maybe the power heads are better now, I like Fluval I have a fx5 and I'm very happy with it.

Convict2161 said:
Yea I saw that, with my AC110 I can't but just the sponge at the LFS anymore. Now it's a whole kit sponge, 2 bags of carbon and 2 bags of bio media. Maybe the power heads are better now, I like Fluval I have a fx5 and I'm very happy with it.

How much does that run you? And how often you recommend changing each?

Back
Top Bottom