Which sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annerbc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I am getting a 250L tank any day soon and will put my 12 neons and six male guppies plus two shrimp and one pitbull plec into it. My question is what sand should I get. Also when everything is in a tip top condition I shall get a few discus. Any tips on the above. Only had tanks 65L x 2 for about 1 1/2 years. Second tank has loads of female guppies plus inherited fancy goldfish and minnows.

Welcome to AA! We hope ya enjoy :)

There are many types of sand that can be used like play sand, sand at local fish store, pool filter sand, blasting sand and i think thats it but i feel like im missing one

Hi
I am getting a 250L tank any day soon and will put my 12 neons and six male guppies plus two shrimp and one pitbull plec into it. My question is what sand should I get. Also when everything is in a tip top condition I shall get a few discus. Any tips on the above. Only had tanks 65L x 2 for about 1 1/2 years. Second tank has loads of female guppies plus inherited fancy goldfish and minnows.
Hi, i'm assuming Worthing is in the UK??, if so, you will probably find it hard to get pool filter sand. Personally i use kids play sand. If you go with this, try and get a light coloured one(my preference), i think they look better. Also you have to wash the sand really, really, really well. It stops the tank getting cloudy at the start. It also get rid of light floaty sand that causes cloudyness....

Back
Top Bottom