Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-14-2016, 02:15 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Which tank/Opinions/Advice

How's it going fellow fish keeping enthusiasts. I've been blessed with getting married and building a new house. Both will be happening in a month from now. So I'm thinking it's also time for a new tank for the new house. My two comets are starting to outgrow my current tank anyways. They are now about 6 or so inches long each and I have them in a 30 gallon bow front. I like the bow front style so my first idea was a larger bow. But then I see a nice corner unit. I like the corner tank but it seems i wouldnt be able to use a basket filter with it since it'll be tight against a wall on both sides of the back. And I like my AC basket filter. I guess i could just buy a canister though so not a huge deal. I'm just used to the basket type. Anyone got opinions on corner tanks and any specific ones?
The other part of this post is a bit crazier I guess. My fiance is looking at coffee table fish tanks. Of course I think they look awesome but i also have reservations. Maybe im wrong and it's just the same as a normal tank but i dont think theres much room under for alot of filters out there, also accessing the tank to do anything like feeding or cleaning looks harder. But my main concern is size. It looks like most are around 25 gallons. Im worried I won't be able to find one with decent enough capacity to handle 2 large comets.

Thanks for your time and any advice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 09-14-2016, 08:49 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Pretty exciting stuff there. Congrats!
I don't have any recommendations about corner tanks other than get something +50g. Looks like a canister is your best bet.
The coffee table tank sounds interesting but space/placement of equipment is a challenge. Also, the size you are looking at is way too small for your goldfish. However, there are many other types of (smaller) fish that would be suitable for this kind/size of tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 09-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks Fresh2o. After contemplating it for awhile i think im going to hold off on the new tank until in in the new house. Main reason is i had an idea to do a built in look. Theres a half wall with a square column and if i can put a nice tank on that half wall it would look nice. But i need to wait so I can get accurate measurements.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
advice, ich, sad, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com