White fog spots on glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

This is a 75 E perfecto aquarium. It is approximately 2 years old. These spots have begun appearing lately and seem to be getting worse. Does anyone know what they are or how i can get rid of it. I have a 33 gal all-glass aquarium set up with the same water and it is clear with no problems. The spots seem to be inside the glass rather than on the surface, so getting rid of it may not be an option. I am starting th think that the perfecto is made of an inferior quality glass, possibly. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

[/img]

Attachments

• swscan00001_173.jpg
    swscan00001_173.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 92
it looks almost like when the tinting on a car window starts coming off. does all glass use a thin layer of...something...that could peel off? if so, thats what it looks like to me.

When I look at it close up, it appears to be inside the glass. I dont know about the thin layer of something, it might have that. This is a perfecto aquarium, btw. I emailed Perfecto manufacturing, but somehow I dont think they are going to honor their warrenty. It was due for a thorough cleaning, so I drained the water down and rotated the tank, so that the marks are against the wall. Hopefully they dont start to appear on this side now. I would still like to find out what caused it.

Does it scrub off? Try using a razor blade and scraping it off. If it does, it is hard water deposits. We get it BAD in our 55 gal tank but not in any of the others.

No, it doesnt scrape off. It doesnt seem to be on the surface of the glass. Also, it is only visible when i look at it from 3 different angles. Straight on, from bellow and the side. When i stand above it and look where it is, it is not visible

The tank may actually be two pieces of glass seperated by a plastic layer which is bubbling up. I would call the manufactuere if you can and ask them.

The tank may actually be two pieces of glass seperated by a plastic layer which is bubbling up. I would call the manufactuere if you can and ask them.

Is this what tempered glass is? I think that is what the E means in 75 E. I think i might agree with this theory. I have contacted perfecto. The person said she forwarded my photo to the engineers, but i havent heard back yet.

Well, I emailed Perfecto after not hearing from them for a week, and I was told that it is not something that they have ever seen before, but they are sure that it is not a problem with their glass. They are not sure what they can do. I think they just lost a customer, but I did not tell them that because i am sure that they do not care. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Ask to speak with a manager. Let them know you are not happy. I can't remember what the addage is, but it goes something like this:
"One happy customer will tel at least one person about their good experience, but one unhappy customer will tell at least 10."
Today, with the internet and this forum, you have probably told a heck of a lot more than only 10 people.....

Stick with it, and keep going up the chain, at least a better answer than, "it is not something that they have ever seen before".

Good Luck!

Do you have a stick on background on that tank? If so, try wiping behind it or smoothing out the background and see what happens. My tank has the same thing, but I've never worried about it before. I'll look into it and see if I can figure it out.

Attachments

• img_0828__small__448.jpg
    img_0828__small__448.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 25
This isnt in the background. This is directly in the glass.

Back
Top Bottom