who mounted a coralife MH/PC fixture on a 72gal bowfront???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Someone posted a thread about it, and I can't find it.

I just got my new tank and I am trying to figure out what I am going to do for lights and a kinda want this fixture.

My tank is a 72 gallon bowfront and i was just wandering how you mounted it, and how was it affecting the heat on your tank.

thanks to whoever you are if you see this and respond!!!!!!!

I know they bought it from me. I will look up and try to find the info.

I was the one that bought that fixture for a 72G bowfront. I love the lights and have had no trouble with them so far. If you want to know any specifics, let me know.

tripper

Sorry, forgot to respond to your questions:

1) I mounted the unit by putting legs on backwards. I know this sounds strange, but basically what that entails is having the legs arc inward instead of outward. I attached a pic of my tank but it's not the best of the legs. If you look at the left side you can see the legs mounted.

2) I have not noticed a heat problem at all. My tank fluctuates between 78 at night and 80 during the day. The lights are on for 8 hours a day. The one thing I do notice is a lot of evaporation since I don't have a lid over the tank. I probably top off about a gallon a day.

Hope that helps.

tripper

And again, i forgot to post a pic . . . i'm on a roll today.

Attachments

• tank1_100.jpg
    tank1_100.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 245
What are the specs on the Corallife fixture? I bought a Coralvue fixture a while back from Darin that I've yet to put into action. Mine came with mounting legs as well and I had to slightly trim the inside plastic lip to get the legs to fit over.

Darin, did you stop carrying the Coralvue fixtures? I don't see them on your site...

The specs on that Coarllife fixture are 2X150W HQI MH 10,000K and 2X96W PC Actinic lights along with 3 moonlighs and cooling fans. It is 48" long and 15" wide. A great fixture for the price. Darin at Captive Reefs carries them and has a discount for AA members.

tripper

THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully I'll be ably to figure out how to mount that light when it comes in!

thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom