Why is the 30 breeder so hard to find?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10Gallon

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm about to set up my 20 long. But maybe next year I plan to move up to a 30 breeder. So I was curious about prices and called 2 LFS. They said they can't order one. Has this size been discontinued?.......For those who are going to tell me to get a 40 breeder, keep these in mind.

1. The largest tank we're allowed to have at this apartment complex is 25 gallons, so I could probably be more likely to get away with a 30 rather than 40.

2. I think the dimensions and surface area/floor space to gallons ratio of the 30 is more impressive.

3. WC's are easier. I use half tap and half distilled water. And don't want to invest in a RO that connects to the water supply.

4. The 30 will fit in the car easier. We don't have a truck.

A good Aqueon distributing store should be able to get a 30b.Deep blue is making them now also . Many 'reef' stores are selling the Deep Blues as they are cheap in compare to other tanks not on sale.
The 40b is only 4 inches taller then the 30b . They have the same foot print..If you loaded up a 40 with hardscape you might no have more then 30g water easily anyways which would help with water changes possibly ?
I own a couple 30bs and they are great tanks but also have 40bs and use either for the same application. In theory due to surface area and footprint , done properly a 30b should support the same number of fish as the 40b IMO..

Back
Top Bottom