Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-03-2006, 02:08 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Having delivered more than a couple fridges in my life, I'd say about 300lbs, but that's not counting food, ice, or the cold water storage tank if you have a water dispenser.

Old 02-03-2006, 04:56 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

I had the same problem but my home is a 1997 so contacting the manufacturer was what I did. I had to call about multiple water beds and multiple fish tanks.. in excess of 40 gallons.. they said that waterbeds and fish tanks all displace their weight evenly over a larger area than you'd think and as long as your house has no prior rot or damage it will be fine. I would call before I ever put up a 125 or more gallon tank but hell our waterbed holds over 133 gallons so I wouldn't really call then I guess. But I did call before I moved in, tells you how worried I am about flooring..

Old 02-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'm not a 100% sure on this for use in a mobile home, but here it goes. I am purchasing a 125 gallon tank and had concerns over my floor (I own the home and it is solidly built, but still had the home owner concerns). I strenthened the floor under where the tank will be with 2x6 braces between the floor joists and then a double 2x8 beam supported by concrete block pillars on each end. I also did that under my waterbed and so far the water bed has held very nicely. I don't have the tank yet, but don't expect any any problems from the tank. Again, I'm not sure about a mobile home, but I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing under it. Good luck.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:49 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

A 50 gallon tank should be fine. As others have said the weight is distributed. Modular homes still have the steel trailer frame under them as well as center piers and perimeter piers.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:43 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
Thanks a lot guys I think it will also be fine.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:34 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolfblue Send a message via Yahoo to Lonewolfblue
I have a 75G in my dining room, and my home is a hundred years old, lol. The way I figure it, for a 75G or smaller, it's like setting up a huge china cabinet and filling it with china. The weight is dispersed over the whole area under the base. So you should be perfectly fine.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:03 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
True, Thanks again.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:24 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

A bit of late info, i have a 800ltr tank so roughly about a ton with tank stand hood filters ect, i had the base custom made to have solid front and rear runners across the feet with 2x4 to join them front to back this gave the base alot of weight distribution. i also was renting in a property ready for demolishing witch had wooden flooring. i did look under the house to see that there were maybe 4 main beams running across room. The tank was on two of them. never had a problem. the base covered 8x2ft

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com