Will this 75 gallon break?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was given this 75 gallon bit I'm not sure if it would hold water due to a chip in a corner does anyone have experience with a chip of this type? One picture with flash and one without. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• image-2672119764.jpg
    image-2672119764.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image-517104389.jpg
    image-517104389.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 102
I've. Got a 29 gallon like that and its doing fine. But 29 has considerable less pressure on it than a 75 so I'm not sure how yours would hold up. If the silicon is still intact it will probably be ok I would think

You're welcome :) So what have you decided? Going to give it a go? Or not going to risk it? I was on the fence for a while and then figured since I was redoing the seams anyway it should be ok.

I believe I'll go with using it. I figure I'll put some silicone on the outside to give me a warning sign if it does start to leak. I put it outside filled with water only for a week or so as another safety measure. After seeing the pictures in the thread I was directed to, I'm not too worried about my tank's chip.

Let us know how it goes? If you get a chance pictures when you've got it all set up :)

Back
Top Bottom