will this be strong enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
I posted that question on wrong forum. Will this cabinet hold 2 tanks. One -30 and second-15gal? I will put couple of 3/4 plywood on top. Looks steady... Thanks.

ForumRunner_20120131_171035.jpg

ForumRunner_20120131_171133.jpg

Is it particle board with wood veneer or solid wood?

Personally I don't think it looks very sturdy. every gallon of water weighs about 10 lbs so you're talking about 450lbs plus substrate and other extras.

Just to be clear, 1 gallon of water weighs exactly 8.35 pounds. IMO, that stand looks a little weak. However, it is a great starting point. You could definitely build it into something weight worthy.

Is it particle board with wood veneer or solid wood?

Personally I don't think it looks very sturdy. every gallon of water weighs about 10 lbs so you're talking about 450lbs plus substrate and other extras.

When I built my 50g stand i used this plan.
DIY aquarium stand lots of photos - first ever woodworking project - DIY Aquarium Projects - Aquatic Plant Central

I don't know what the base of the stand looks like but if you added just the legs in the plan above it will definitely be able to hold the weight.

Hope I helped.:fish2:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom