Will this Light Work for corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im looking at getting the Marineland Reef Capadble LED light and not really sure what amount of light corals I can keep, like moderate light corals? I plan on getting the 24inch model for my 24inch tank that is 20 inches deep. Would I be able to keep any types of clam?

The light is 23 inches long 5 1/4 inch wide, my tank is 12 1/2 inches wide. The LED has 1670 Lumans, Par reading of 80 umol

I've heard nothing but bad things about these lights. I would have to advise against them. From what I understand you'll be pushing their capabilities with moderate light corals. Clams would definitely be a no.

Hello i looked into it and i bought the double bright just for shimmering effect they are really not that powerfull. Think about it one 48 inch. 54 watt t5 ho is 5000 lumens!! Just get a 4 bulb t5 ho and you will save money and be able to have a clam i have 8 36 inch t5s retrofit and the db led on my 90!! I have a canopy so retrofit kits are the way to go and cheap..

ok thats cool with me just read a few good reviews about it then started finding some really bad ones. Im going to stick with a 4bulb t5ho for half the price that I know will do its job. just really wanted moon light and none of the fixtures other than the odassays have moon light and I here bad things about those but much better things about the Fishneedit.com lights.

Sorry for asking, but would a t5ho 4 bulb fixture work for most corals?

Yes sir it sure will you will be keep just about anything sps corals will be higher in tank but you can get them to..i would get a double bright led for shimmering effect of metal h.but thats just me.(my wife)!!!and you have the blue nightlights on that..post some pics when you can save me as a friend will be happy to answer any questions..

I have a 40 gallon breeder with the 36 inch coralife 4 bulb with moonlights love it chech them out and they are pretty reasonable priced!!!

Fishneedit.com is another place to look. I've heard good things about their fixtures and they're CHEAP.

Oh yes fishneedit lights are great plus the vents on top sre vut outs of fish really neat and creative!!!i got the coralife because it was 2 months old tank crashed and the people quit the hobby. I told them not to add 7 fish at one time but some people dont listen but it got me a 250 light for 75 bucks!!!!

I would go with the fishneedit over the leds without a doubt. I am keeping a clam so far successfully with the fish needit light. It seems much brighter than my 150w halide fixture and my corals are all looking better. :-D

calhounfamily said:
Yes sir it sure will you will be keep just about anything sps corals will be higher in tank but you can get them to..i would get a double bright led for shimmering effect of metal h.but thats just me.(my wife)!!!and you have the blue nightlights on that..post some pics when you can save me as a friend will be happy to answer any questions..

Thankyou so much! Im looking into a 4 bulb t5ho coralife fixture, and its cheap! Lets cross our fingers! Hahaha

I have truelumen pro 12k fusion LED strips. So far I love them & so does my zoa. Haven't had them long enough to give a review but I did a lot of reading B4 purchase. Also see them in action at my LFS & the tanks w/ them r thriving.

Back
Top Bottom