Winter storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Albindia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Worried Bout losing power- solutions other than a generator ?? Or cheap generator suggestions?

Worried Bout losing power- solutions other than a generator ?? Or cheap generator suggestions?

For saltwater I have a few 5 gallon buckets mixed and ready. 5 battery powered air pumps and a battery back up surge protector. Fresh water just gonna do water changes of needed. Heaters are plugged into battery backups.

If the power has been out for a few hours and doesn't appear to be coming back soon, it's good to remove bio media from filters and place directly in the tank. Use hot water in big pop bottles to float in the tank if you need to raise tank temp.

Thanks guys- only a 30 gallon salt water. Pop bottles with hot water is a good suggestion. Any other precautions?

Went with this bad boy- it says 160 minutes and 810 watts. When I plugged in the heater and powerhead it said it approximated the battery to last 88 minutes. I would've thought, given the low power requirement of the 150w heat stick and small powerhead that it'd go longer than that. Thoughts???

Attachments

• image-2859958588.jpg
    image-2859958588.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 63
This is totally the type of technology that in 20 years our kids will look at us and say- you used that monstrous thing and only got 88 minutes of battery supply!

Back
Top Bottom