Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Woospiedoodle - HOB doesn't fit!

So today was a grand day for rearranging my living space, which included moving my 56g (30x18x24) tank around. The way it was setup, I had my AC 110 on the side. Well, now the way my furniture is arranged, it needs to go on the back...

Problem is, the spaces between the center brace are too narrow to allow it! What's the best course of action here? Use a hobby saw to notch the output of the 110 to make it fit?

Retire it and get the next size down? I don't want to cut the center brace, and I don't think trimming the inside rim of the top will give me enough space to do it.

Maybe if I did notch the filter, I could use some plastic and attack it to make a barrier along the edge of the notch though I don't know if that'd even be necessary. Any help is appreciated!
Rokuzachi is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off