Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-11-2005, 06:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkore
As for fluvals...no thanks. Very bad track record, even if they did re-design them this year.
I can only speak for the new ones, but its the best filter I've owned in 10 years of keeping fish without a question.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:53 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Guys, Please tell me which is better.. fluval or Xp's. I am in the market for one for my future 55Gal. Let me know.

Old 05-12-2005, 02:16 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkore
As for fluvals...no thanks. Very bad track record, even if they did re-design them this year.
I can only speak for the new ones, but its the best filter I've owned in 10 years of keeping fish without a question.
I second that, particularly in comparison with the Magnum cansiter I used to have which was one nightmare after another.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Clown Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:22 PM   #14

For a 55g tank, I think the Fluval 304 ($70 at Big Al's) is your best buy. If you have extra cash, get a UV like I did (another $80) and hook them together. Instant crystal clear water!
Old 05-16-2005, 11:58 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Just had the same problem with XP3 , the main seal had some slime on it , wiped off with corner of paper towel and all was well.
and

Quote:
Lots of people see the XP's not fully fill with water when priming. Sometimes it corrects itself by burping through the return..sometimes not.

To avoid this complete, I fill it manually with water after I clean it, then snap the lid on so it's 100% full. Always starts, doesn't build up air inside.
I did both and my problems seem to have gone away. Thanks for the tips!

Tags
cannister

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com