XP3 on a diff tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thebluyak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well my new management wont let me take my 55 gallon tank and I already have my stand, filter everything so you can imagine how ticked I am, especially after my old management said I could bring it. Well we negotiated and I can bring a "smaller" tank so im thinking a 25 or 29 depending on dimensions of both. My question is, is it ridicules to use my xp3 and just turn down the jet nozzle to reduce the "output flow". Reason I ask is I already have the filter and would have to by a new one which would be a PITA.
Also where is the best place to buy just a tank, I dont need any of the other stuff like filter,stand, lights
Ryan

If you get the 29G, the XP3 can be used at a reduced flow rate no problem. And you'll have the added benefit of the 3rd basket as well. I have an XP2 on my 29G at full flow, and it's perfect. If you can, use the spraybar as well, as that will distribute out the flow a little more, making it better for the fish as well in the smaller tank.

Yeah I have the spray bar but i was just worried about creating a whirling affect and make all the fish sick but i guess they dont get motion sickness haha. Also where is the best place to buy just a tank, without the hood stand all that. I can make or use existing stuff.

First check Walmart. Probably have the lowest prices if you can get one that size there. Then places like Petco or your lfs. Check the papers also, might find something someone is trying to get rid of. :)

Also I wanted to turn this 25g into a nice planted tank with diy co2 yada yada, I want a cichlid tank but there are sooo many different familys of cichlids. I know some of them dig and eat plants. But the dwarfs dont, what kind of cichlids could I stock if I only stocked cichlids and my angel, something with nice color preferabbly.

For a smaller tank, the only thing I can think of is GBR's or Bolivians. I think there is another group of cichlids, but I have no experience with them.

Back
Top Bottom