XP3 spray bar is causing bubbles???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumFreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi Again,

I just finished setting up my tank and adding the water, but just a little worried about the spray bar that came with the XP3. It seems to be spraying out little bubbles into the tank. Is this normal?

I built a CO2 reactor but it's becoming more of a headache than it's worth... I have a small leak in the test T as well as one of the fittings. I have made sure that everything is tight and has teflon tape but it doesn't seem to be fixing the problem... could this be causing the bubbles in the spray bar?

Well I am off shopping for the reactor 1000.

Any advise will be helpful.

Thanks,

Jeff

I sometimes get small bubbles when I first start up the filter due to air inside the filter housing. It usually goes away fairly quckly. My CO2 reactor usually doesn't seem to cause bubbles. Is the reactor on the inlet side of the filter? That is the only way it might suck air into the system through a leak that I can think of.

Hey there Chamelion,

I'd been wondering how your tank is coming along. Had'nt heard anything from you in a while.

Make sure you have the proper test kits for your water and monitor them closely for a baseline for your tank :wink:

Well I have water in the tank with most of the gravel in, waiting for 2 more bags of eco-complete (FYI - DHL SUCKS).

Ordered my plants yesterday so I am hoping to get them by Wednesday:
http://www.jeffandami.com/plants/

And I am giving up on my DIY reactor and should be getting my new one tomorrow.

I'll try and get pics up this week :)

My DIY reactor barely leaked briefly, but stopped after a couple days. But I can understand the frustration if you have a leak as they are kind of a pain to build leak proof. You have to let them set up for a day before running under pressure and really crank on the PVC with a pipe wrench.

Some of the air bubbles can be normal as air which is in the filter media is forced out of the system. When you restart the pump after cleaning or water changes, you will notice some "burping" as well.

Back
Top Bottom