Yet another filter Q...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imrandome1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all,

Tomorrow, im getting a new filter as well as some lighting, anyway im going to get a Fluvel 405 for my 45 gal tank, ( yes i now it designed for a bigger tank but its only £10 more than the 205 so hey, may as well) anyway if you have a fluvel 405, what do you use the 8 section for, i now like 2 are for bio media, but i have a planted tank ( yay lol) so i wont need carbon, and the ph is between 7 and 7.4 other than bio media, what can i use the other sections for?

Any suggestions would be great

I don't have a Fluval, I have an XP3, but it has lots of media space. I just got mine Saturday, but I'll tell you what I have in mine. On the bottom is 2 coarse foam pads and 2 fine foam pads. In the middle is some Bio-stars (for bacteria buildup), made by Rena, and some Filter floss (just polyester stuffing). The top basket has a micro foam pad and more floss.

You could use some floss, some sponges, some ceramic cylinders/rings, bio-balls, and some foam pads. Just make sure you read the instructions and place them in the appropriate baskets.

Cool, any1 else got a fluval 405 with a planted tank< what can i use the 4 places were carbon would usually go, for?

Back
Top Bottom