yet another fool with a fool proof tool!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocket2001

Aquarium Advice Freak
Since i got my 55 gal oscar tank i've been changing water at least weekly sometimes more often , and knowing eventually i'll get my 90 gal set up..i really wanted a python, so when a friend had one he said I could have i couldn't wait to use it...I read the instructions carefully and i set every thing up ..checking twice for leaks...I was all set...I figured there were only a couple of dirty mugs in the sink, but they would be fine in there.
So I let her rip...all was going well, then my wife came down stairs and i said "could you go in the kitchen and see if i'm getting water anywhere....she looked and said.."YOU"RE GETTING WATER EVERYWHERE!"
Apparently one of the mugs slipped into the drain opening and plugged it. The sink filled and overflowed to the tune of about 6 gals of water all over my kitchen floor...and it was "raining" in my basement.

:D

Get thee to a Florist and or choclatier quick and thank your lucky stars you're still married. Jeff

That reminds me of the time one of my helpful toddler twins went into the bathroom and lifted the drain plug handle on the sink while I was running the python, unbeknownst to me, so now I pretty much need all kids present and accounted for (or at grandma's :wink: ) while I do tank maintenance, lol!

Hopefully this will be the last mishap with your new Python - they are great!

Been there done that. If you have a garbage disposal unit it is a good idea to turn it on as you are siphoning as well or a dirty tank can plug it causing the same result. :oops:

Rocket2001 said:
Hey at least the kitchen floor got washed...

Hehehe. This reminds me of something that happened to me years ago. I had moved in to a new apartment. It was the first one that I lived in that had a dishwasher. One day I went to run the dishwasher and discovered I had run out of soap. So, being the you ignorant bachelor that I was at the time, I used regular dishwashing liquid. I figured it was the same thing. I filled up the soap container all the way & started the dishwasher. I went in the other room to watch tv. When I came back there was soap coming out the sides of the dishwasher and it covered nearly all of the kitchen floor. It was the cleanest kitchen floor I think that place ever had!

HEY I've done the dishwasher one before
The sad part about the diswasher trick is that I have done it MORE than once! Some of the bottles look an awful lot alike. :roll: My spouse has switched to pellets for the dishwasher so I can't get them confused.

Back
Top Bottom