Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your 2nd round, but I only see 1 photo, really a dark cobalt bluish kinda thing. It's spooky.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Attachment 63837

So this one? It's the Solarmax.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two

Personally I'm not a fan of blue lighting (except moon lights) on tanks. I like the white/pink look for during the day but that's just me. Others like blue.
Mumma that's what I'm hearing. Others have suggested a 3 bulb fixture. Blue, white and the pinkish color. I ordered one I those too! It will be here next week. You think I'm crazy right? My wife does. I just want to see all the lights on my tank so I can figure out what I like best. I like the hint of blue.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 12-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

So this light wins so far.

Attachment 63839

Attachment 63840

Attachment 63841

Attachment 63842

It has four functions where the very first picture is ON/OFF and no moonlights.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Definitely, 1st photo wins for me.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok... Ok... So we have this one so far

Attachment 63849

Old 12-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

I do have a question. Don't fish need a period of total darkness? Whit this Solarmax light the moonlight LED's never turn off. So at night is have to get under te stand and unplug it every night. Or is it ok for them to be on?

Still don't understand why they would have the light set up that way. The LED's are always on no matter what setting you choose.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161
I do have a question. Don't fish need a period of total darkness? Whit this Solarmax light the moonlight LED's never turn off. So at night is have to get under te stand and unplug it every night. Or is it ok for them to be on?

Still don't understand why they would have the light set up that way. The LED's are always on no matter what setting you choose.
Why not just get a timer? I got sick of undoing all the baby locks on my cabinet so I got some timers.
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two

Why not just get a timer? I got sick of undoing all the baby locks on my cabinet so I got some timers.
Timers are a great idea and I'm going to get them. Still unsure of what light I like better. SM with 4 options or AL with on/off. Thing is the SM the LED's are on all the time. But then a timer will solve that now won't it? Mumma you ROCK!!

Old 12-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Still feel the blue brings out certain colors.

Tags
light, lights

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com