Your opinion wanted please (lights)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the LEDs are supposed to mimic moonlight. unless they are crazy bright, that will be the fishes night time. they look dark enough from the pics. strange that you can't turn them off though.

Convict2161 said:
Timers are a great idea and I'm going to get them. Still unsure of what light I like better. SM with 4 options or AL with on/off. Thing is the SM the LED's are on all the time. But then a timer will solve that now won't it? ;) Mumma you ROCK!!

Get the SM. Get some timers and set them to have what lights you want at what time then set the LEDs to come on for a couple of hours at night as the others go off. :D solved!

Mumma.of.two said:
Get the SM. Get some timers and set them to have what lights you want at what time then set the LEDs to come on for a couple of hours at night as the others go off. :D solved!

Like I said Mumma you ROCK!! ;) Timers and SM it is!! Whoo Hoo!! Wife likes it better too!! Thanks everyone.

Mumma.of.two said:
Haha! Happy wife, happy life! Lol

Mumma knows best!! So true you are!!!

This is what we went with.

View attachment 63890

SM Extreme. All digital timers and LCD display screen in front and you can power unit off at night donut shuts down completely so the LED moonlights go off. It has dual fans. I know... I know... Overboard but it was a gift. And it kicks *** this light is amazing!!

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
Mumma knows best!! So true you are!!!

This is what we went with.

SM Extreme. All digital timers and LCD display screen in front and you can power unit off at night donut shuts down completely so the LED moonlights go off. It has dual fans. I know... I know... Overboard but it was a gift. And it kicks *** this light is amazing!!

Lol. LCD display! Very fancy! Puts my eBay lights and free timer to shame lol.

Haha! It's all good Mumma!! We're still friends! Hey I posted the last round of pictures. The tank is done! :)

Lemme know what ya think!! Chief wants to know what Mumma thinks!!!

My son stared at it for about an hour cooing and Ahhhing lol. It was sooo cute!!

Back
Top Bottom