Your opinion wanted please (lights)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Which light do you like better? I'm kinda torn.

The first pictures there's no switching blue to white or vise versa just on.

View attachment 63832

Second set you can do white or blue or both and the moonlight LED's stay on all the time. I feel the white washes out the blue.

This picture is blue/white
View attachment 63834

this is just white

View attachment 63835

Last edited:
I like the white with the blue.....

I also like your cichlid stone apartment complex..... :D

The first shot is aquaticLife T5 HO

Second shot of pics is Solarmax T5 HO.

The upside to the Solarmax is you can pick white, blue or both but the LED's never turn off.

View attachment 63836

Last edited:
Mumma.of.two said:
Well IMO you want the white on (with or without the blue) because of you plants.

So the first picture or the round of second pictures? I'm torn big time. I can return either of then no problem.

LyndaB said:
I like the white with the blue.....

I also like your cichlid stone apartment complex..... :D

Which one Lynda? First picture or the second round?

An thanks!! I don't charge much! LoL they just pay electric! Haha :)

LyndaB said:
that's just kinda weird...... what's the point of that light?

Haha which one? The Solarmax or AL? And why would they have a light where the LED's are always in? Don't they need a period of total darkness?

Convict2161 said:
So the first picture or the round of second pictures? I'm torn big time. I can return either of then no problem.

Personally I'm not a fan of blue lighting (except moon lights) on tanks. I like the white/pink look for during the day but that's just me. :D Others like blue. :)

Your 2nd round, but I only see 1 photo, really a dark cobalt bluish kinda thing. It's spooky.

Mumma.of.two said:
Personally I'm not a fan of blue lighting (except moon lights) on tanks. I like the white/pink look for during the day but that's just me. :D Others like blue. :)

Mumma that's what I'm hearing. Others have suggested a 3 bulb fixture. Blue, white and the pinkish color. I ordered one I those too! It will be here next week. You think I'm crazy right? My wife does. I just want to see all the lights on my tank so I can figure out what I like best. I like the hint of blue.

I do have a question. Don't fish need a period of total darkness? Whit this Solarmax light the moonlight LED's never turn off. So at night is have to get under te stand and unplug it every night. Or is it ok for them to be on?

Still don't understand why they would have the light set up that way. The LED's are always on no matter what setting you choose.

Convict2161 said:
I do have a question. Don't fish need a period of total darkness? Whit this Solarmax light the moonlight LED's never turn off. So at night is have to get under te stand and unplug it every night. Or is it ok for them to be on?

Still don't understand why they would have the light set up that way. The LED's are always on no matter what setting you choose.

Why not just get a timer? I got sick of undoing all the baby locks on my cabinet so I got some timers. :D

Mumma.of.two said:
Why not just get a timer? I got sick of undoing all the baby locks on my cabinet so I got some timers. :D

Timers are a great idea and I'm going to get them. Still unsure of what light I like better. SM with 4 options or AL with on/off. Thing is the SM the LED's are on all the time. But then a timer will solve that now won't it? ;) Mumma you ROCK!!

Back
Top Bottom