ZooMed UltraSun 10w CFL fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Pat

Aquarium Advice Regular
has anyone had problems with these? I had one burn out yesterday, literally. Smoke was coming from the base and the tube was turning black. Luckily I was in the office when it happened and turned everything off before anything else could happen. It says on the box to replace once a year, its only been 60 days.

zoo-med-ultra-sun-6500k-super-daylight-mini-compact-lamp-3.jpg

talked to zoomed yesterday, they will replace it and they want to see the faulty one. She said it was likely the ballast.

Oh this isn't what I have. I'm glad they have good customer service and support.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've used these for years without an issue. I use them sideways in a cheap incandescent 10g kit hood

Glad to hear you caught it before it got worse.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had one go out last week. I bought two of them for my nano tank. It lasted about a month but the other is still working. I read the reviews after it went out and it is common. I won't be buying them any more

I have been using aqueon 50/50 daylight 10w lamp x 2 on my 10 gallon and a Corallife 10w daylight bulb on my 2.5 gallon. So far I have not any problems after 3 months and my plants are doing awesome:) highly receding any of those brands. About $10 a bulb. And both have very similar light outputs.

What kind of plants do you grow? I actually have two of those 50/50 bulbs but took them out in favor of the daylight bulbs

They are working fine and my plants are enjoying them, I'm think about increasing my wattaged as well

Ya I didn't realize how blue it was before I got the new light. I'm very happy I made the switch!

Back
Top Bottom