10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BboyTony

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have tried many many fishes for a 10 gallon and was wondering, do u guys have any suggestion for my new ten gallon....my tank has nothing in it as of right now(just lost my Betta to ich recently but no worry Becuz the tank is now good to use)

bruinsbro1997 said:
A pair of killies. Nano fish. Saltwater. Dwarf puffers. Dwarf Gouramis. Shellies. There's a lot...

I wish I can go saltwater...anyways killies r really hard to find here and so r shellies....but thxs

I was reading about the Dwarf Puffers today. They really look interesting to me. I think from what I read you can do up to 3 in a 10G tank. Give them a look :)

forget fish get an axolotle instead they make great pets i had one a few years back they even tame to you if hand feed them just make sure you have enough floor space i found mine got more interest than my fish ever did

forget fish get an axolotle instead they make great pets i had one a few years back they even tame to you if hand feed them just make sure you have enough floor space i found mine got more interest than my fish ever did
too big for a ten,they reach like a foot

I was reading about the Dwarf Puffers today. They really look interesting to me. I think from what I read you can do up to 3 in a 10G tank. Give them a look :)
max 2 dwarf puffers.and nothing else(except for maybe shrimp if the puffers dont eat them

lee1983 said:

U know, I seen some and they look awesome but I'm just scare that I won't know how to take care of it plus im pretty busy bboying and with school

alLexX said:
max 2 dwarf puffers.and nothing else(except for maybe shrimp if the puffers dont eat them

Heard they only get an inch

You might could get away with 3, but they are territorial and will be aggessive if kept in close quarters.

Ember tetras and a dwarf gourami. Embers are awesome little guys. They are very bright, good schoolers, and peaceful. You could also try a shrimp only tank stocked with red cherry shrimp. They would awesome against sand or light gravel!

Eh. These are all really good ideas, but puffers are a tad hard, no? Here are some ideas that have worked for me and my fish-keeping friends. They all have top, middle and bottom swimmers. Enjoy. :)

Amazon Biotope
3 silver hatchets
7 neon tetras
3 panda cory cats

Asian Biotope
5 glass catfish/ harlequin rasbora
3 cherry barbs
3 kuhili/ dwarf loaches

My 10 gallon
1 male dwarf gouriami ( he is very social)
3 platies (2 f, 1m)
3 albino cory cats

Sofoofala said:
Eh. These are all really good ideas, but puffers are a tad hard, no? Here are some ideas that have worked for me and my fish-keeping friends. They all have top, middle and bottom swimmers. Enjoy. :)

Amazon Biotope
3 silver hatchets
7 neon tetras
3 panda cory cats

Asian Biotope
3 cherry barbs
3 kuhili/ dwarf loaches

My 10 gallon
3 platies (2 f, 1m)
3 albino cory cats

IMO hatchets and khulis are all too active for a ten gallon tank. Glass catfish also need a bigger tank. The cories all need a school of six IMO as do the cherry barbs.

Some good nano fish are endlers, dwarf cories, harlequin rasboras, espei rasboras, and galaxy rasboras(CPDs, sorry can't spell the danio version of the name...). Here's a website: http://www.franksaquarium.com/nanofish.htm
Guppies would work too as would patys and dwarf gouramis. I really like killifish too, I've heard that as long as you don't get a picky and very hard type they can be very easy:).
Crabs? Shrimp tank?

Amazon Biotope
3 silver hatchets
7 neon tetras
3 panda cory cats

Asian Biotope
3 cherry barbs
3 kuhili/ dwarf loaches

My 10 gallon
3 platies (2 f, 1m)
3 albino cory cats
Albino corys and glass cats need a bigger tank. Kuhlis would be fine. A dwarf gourami would be fine. Neons are fine. IMO, cherry barbs need more friends and a bit more space. Are you sure you want it to be a biotope? I am not sure about the space hatchets need, but it seems that a 10 gallon would be too small for them.
The other suggestions people have given you, like AquaKai, are much better for a 10 gallon.

absolutangel04 said:
Albino corys and glass cats need a bigger tank. Kuhlis would be fine. A dwarf gourami would be fine. Neons are fine. IMO, cherry barbs need more friends and a bit more space. Are you sure you want it to be a biotope? I am not sure about the space hatchets need, but it seems that a 10 gallon would be too small for them.
The other suggestions people have given you, like AquaKai, are much better for a 10 gallon.

I have 6 plates in a 10gal. Is that too much? I want to also get some otos in the same tank?!!

Back
Top Bottom