10 gallon freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamG

Aquarium Advice Regular
Java moss
Java fern
1 pleco
3 lyretail Molly fry
1 Micky mouse platy fry
12 Micky mouse platy
4 white cloud minnows

Hoping to have lots of baby's to assist in feeding others, as well as refresh breeding stock

Attachments

• image-2381186695.jpg
    image-2381186695.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 140
1 pleco
3 lyretail Molly fry
1 Micky mouse platy fry
12 Micky mouse platy
4 white cloud minnows

What kind of pleco do you have in there? There are really no pleco species that fit into a 10 gallon tank.

Also, is this actually your stock for the tank or is it a fry grow out tank, or what?

If this is your tank stocking (grow out or not) you are wayyyy overstocked

I am actually in the process of obtaining a 20 long to put them in

The pleco is a regular black one, not sure of proper name. I actually would like to take him out so that babies won't be eaten in the dark hiding spots, where the pleco loves to go.

adamG said:
The pleco is a regular black one, not sure of proper name. I actually would like to take him out so that babies won't be eaten in the dark hiding spots, where the pleco loves to go.

There's hundreds of different types of plecos, I'm thinking you have a common pleco which will grow to atleast a foot in length. I would rehome the fish if I were you. It'll be waaaay too big for your tank.

The most important thing you need to know is what species you have. As mentioned above, common plecos a/k/a regular plecos, get to be HUGE. You really do need to rehome him immediately. Even in a 20, there are just a few plecos that may fit somewhat comfortably.

I don't think the pleco would eat the fry but that's actually the least of your concerns.

I understand the idea and concept of the fish are in to small of a home... I simply took this tank of someone else's hands... And since I am getting a bigger tank and putting the pleco in my 55 with my cichlids, I think every issue that you have has been resolved, and I think I already am doing what's better for these fish, so thank you for your opinion I appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
adamG said:
I understand the idea and concept of the fish are in to small of a home... I simply took this tank of someone else's hands... And since I am getting a bigger tank and putting the pleco in my 55 with my cichlids, I think every issue that you have has been resolved, and I think I already am doing what's better for these fish, so thank you for your opinion I appreciate it.

Relax dude,
You never mentioned you had a 55 gallon for the pleco!

adamG said:

The pleco needs a 125 gal tank
Hey,it's an excuse for another tank!

New 20 long with contents and new additions

Attachments

• image-1921894236.jpg
    image-1921894236.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 72
  • image-2441515888.jpg
    image-2441515888.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 61
  • image-2472034675.jpg