10g first tank : )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
teebabii8 said:
Hiding out under one of the decorations because the balloon Molly is picking on him. I don't think he's gonna make it.

Oh, poor fish. :( Have you gotten any responses to that thread? Do you have a qt you can put him in? Anything to separate? Keep us updated.

teebabii8 said:
Hiding out under one of the decorations because the balloon Molly is picking on him. I don't think he's gonna make it.

Can you set up a quarantine? Just a bucket with some of your gravel, tank water, and some filter goo will help him. Also look for some stress coat. It reduces stress on fish, and helps repair damaged fins.

Bettababe1011 said:
And also I believe that melafix should help. Aquarium salt for freshwater could help him heal.

Ya, that stuffs really good too, but that's more for illness I think. The fish sounds more stressed out then injured or ill too me...

Homedog98 said:
Did you know you can order fish online now? Pm HN1 and severum mama on here, as they own their own store, and make special orders, but liveaquaria.com is great too!

Really. That seems kinda strange. Lol. What do they send them in?

I prefer to buy them at a lfs because I can see their condition, and choose my own fish. Just my preference.

Homedog98 said:
Can you set up a quarantine? Just a bucket with some of your gravel, tank water, and some filter goo will help him. Also look for some stress coat. It reduces stress on fish, and helps repair damaged fins.

I could try. I already have the stress coat.

teebabii8 said:

A heated box. I prefer to pick out my fish too, but my LFS just never has any cool looking fish... :(

Bettababe1011 said:
And also I believe that melafix should help. Aquarium salt for freshwater could help him heal.

I would have to separate him to do those as well?

Bettababe1011 said:

And I would have to quarantine him to do these as well?

Bettababe1011 said:
Oh, poor fish. :( Have you gotten any responses to that thread? Do you have a qt you can put him in? Anything to separate? Keep us updated.

No response yet...

I had a guppy that had gotten nipped and I quarantined. But sadly, Nemo died. He had worse damage than yours, so yours has a better chance than Nemo.

Bettababe1011 said:
I had a guppy that had gotten nipped and I quarantined. But sadly, Nemo died. He had worse damage than yours, so yours has a better chance than Nemo.

That's sad, but good to know.

teebabii8 said:

it's not that strange, how do you think your LFS gets fish? :)

yes, 5 otos would be perfect for 10g. they stay tiny and do a fair share of cleaning. and they are fun to watch. they do prefer to be in groups, the bigger the group the more fun to watch (as they will show more personality)

mommytron said:
it's not that strange, how do you think your LFS gets fish? :)

yes, 5 otos would be perfect for 10g. they stay tiny and do a fair share of cleaning. and they are fun to watch. they do prefer to be in groups, the bigger the group the more fun to watch (as they will show more personality)

Lol. Guess I never really thought about that.

Hmm otos sound like a good fit. Idk if I wanna add any fish right now. I'm struggling. I feel like I'm doing everything wrong.

Back
Top Bottom