10g pretty freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosenweiss

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'll post the pics, you guys tell me what you think!

Plants:
Amazon Sword, Moss Ball, White Arrowhead, some floaters and 1 fake plant

Inhabitants:
2 apple snails, a black rabbit snail, serpae tetra, white skirt tetra, pleco, 2 glass cats, longfin zebra danio

Attachments

• Aquarium2.jpg
    Aquarium2.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 292
  • P3130171.jpg
    P3130171.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 272
  • P3130178.jpg
    P3130178.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 269
  • P3130162.jpg
    P3130162.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 268
I like the tank, but your fish are tough to find. They blend in with everything really well.

Never ever! =] Doing a full water change stresses out your fish. Do somewhere between a 1/10 and 1/5 water change once a month! You don't want to get rid of all that good bacteria.

And videonut, they do, but in person you can find them better. The glass cats are just hard to see in pictures. If you look at the 4th pic, you can see both glass cats schooling under the plant.

You should invest in a gravel vacuum. They're not very expensive and you can sift through the gravel and pick up some of that gunk. Also, it'll siphon out about as much water as you need for a PWC (partial water change).

Aran, you could take your fish out, keep your old water (get in into buckets or siphon it), then rinse your gravel and put the old water back in. Otherwise, I dunno.

Viper, I know, but actually the serpae and the white skirt do school, as do the two glass cats. Unfortunately, we didn't know as much about them when we got them as we do now, and we can't risk overpopulating our tank.

I like your tank! For some reason I get a really "fresh" feeling looking at it haha

I think you can do more than a small change a month, most bacteria are in the filter and substrate,(which i just learned a little to late) I am doing a 50% change at least once a day and it is saving my fish. I plan on doing 1 25-50% PWC a week after this.

Thanks mjc! And torna, you're right, actually. =] We have an ammonia problem, so we're cycling with a daily 30% water change. I just don't recommend doing more than 50. But I've definitely changed my perspective after doing some more reading.

By the way, Viper, we added another glass cat.

By the way, Viper, we added another glass cat.

I wouldn't get anymore unless you plan on upgrading to a bigger tank size. Glass cats can get up 5", maybe a little more. I don't mean to sound like a curmudgeon, but I want what's best for you and your fish and I'm sure you do too! :D

Don't worry, we won't be getting any more. Thanks for the advice. =]

Your tank is over stocked. But I know what you are feeling I also have a 10g I want more fish thought. So in like 3 months u may need to say bye bye to the cat fish.

Also awesome tank!!! :):)

We know it's overstocked. Probably moving up to a 29g this weekend. =D

Back
Top Bottom