10g tank: Phase 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishingforfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Decided I'm going to go by phases in the process of improving my tank. It's still in the process of cycling, with 2 platies in them (they always hide once my camera comes out!)

So far this is whats in the tank (not much I know)
Gravel
A fake plant
And 2 decor..

What I plan to do in the future is moderately add live plants (take out the fake one), and a few more fish. Get better lighting and add airstones or a bubble wand.

Probably able to put up phase 2 next week, I plan to buy some live plants and get florescent lighting next :)

Attachments

• image-988892473.jpg
    image-988892473.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 63
I bet that'll be a nice improvement. Did you have any ideas for plants that you wanted?

Anubis, java moss and fern are good beginners. Could add duck weed but be prepared to scoop it out by the handfulls

Anubis, java moss and fern are good beginners. Could add duck weed but be prepared to scoop it out by the handfulls

How many watts should I get for low-medium lighting? Is that enough for the plants you suggested? :) I've never seen duck weed at my lfs but I did see Anubis and java moss!

How many watts should I get for low-medium lighting? Is that enough for the plants you suggested? :) I've never seen duck weed at my lfs but I did see Anubis and java moss!

Those are all low lights. As for watts, I'm not to sure but 10-16 should be fine. eBay or some of the members on here might give you some duck weed

The color temp on those are too low. Try and keep it in the 6700k temp range for good growth. 5000k temp is ultimately gonna be just another light

Edit! These will be better than 5000k. They are 6500k but ive used em im the past with great growth on low light plants

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Philips-EnergySaver-13-Watt-60-Watt-T2-Compact-Fluorescent-Daylight-6500K-Light-Bulb-4-Pack-E-420091/203248911/

They don't sell that at my local HD ): their stock is pretty much limited which is why I hate it haha

They don't sell that at my local HD ): their stock is pretty much limited which is why I hate it haha

Alot of the times you will be stuck ordering online. Its easy and convenient. You can special order from HD and have it sent to the store with free shipping most of the time

Alot of the times you will be stuck ordering online. Its easy and convenient. You can special order from HD and have it sent to the store with free shipping most of the time

If I bought any CFL in the 6700k range, would that be fine also?

Back
Top Bottom