12 gallon long- DIY stand, DIY ATO, DIY doser, 24oz co2, and 2211 canister.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Echistas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Everything is hidden in the shelving underneath. Super clean, super modern! Can't wait to start planting.

I'd really love to hear what you guys think :)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447257131.113283.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447257147.369672.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm wondering why I am I just seeing this setup. Very nice!
What plants do you have in mind for this?
Inhabitants?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'll probably do just CRS in this one. I've never cared for those shrimp, and it sounds like a fun challenge :)

Beautiful tank!

After keeping a variety of Neos I finally got my first CRS about a month ago, highly recommended!

Love the mix of colors between the plants, substrate, and hardscape!

Thanks:) I can't wait to see it all grown in. I'm getting super excited about this one

Never thought of that, but now that I think of it, they're meant for paintball guns, and usually run sideways on the gun. Should be okay!

Usually it has to do with particulates clogging the regulator?
Eitherway the tank and what you have done looks incredible.

Hmm hopefully that won't be an issue but I'm going to do some research. That would be a bummer. I do like to keep it in the shelves. The goal was to have everything completely hidden from view

So I did some digging into that co2 question.

Typically only an issue when large amounts of co2 are being expelled from the tank. I'm only doing 1-2 drops per second, so the liquid theoretically turns to gas almost immediately.

Additionally, these paintball tanks apparently have some sort of siphoning fail-safe built into the tank itself which ideally would help reduce the risk of this happens when in use with a gun.

I've been using it this way for close to a month now, and the tank/regulator don't even get cold. I think it's ok!!

Back
Top Bottom