125 Gallon Project Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its getting there! Just have filtration to work on next! Overflow works good, though theres a small leak halfway through, must have missed it with silicone,oh well.

Attachments

• image-139203555.jpg
    image-139203555.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 164
So is it full of water now?

What kind of fish are you thinking?

Looking great by the way. Very jealous =P

Nice set up, glad your showing people you can do a great tank without breaking the bank. I feel like a dummy for asking but the PVC in the middle is the overflow correct? How far does it go up, what diameter and does it have anything special at the top to let the water in or is it just the open PVC? I've always used canister filters and wanting to do a sump myself

I actually skipped the the whole canister filter:) the pvc pipe is 1.5" and i have 500 gallons an hour at the top of the tank which is barely able to flow down the tank haha. Its the perfect amount in my opinion. The top is just open now, but im going to put a cap on with holes in it so the food i feed doesnt flow down into the sump. But if you didnt want to do that you could just mix the water and food in a small bowl before hand, then it sinks. And doesnt go down the pvc:D

As for fish... I have no idea.. Ive got a pictus catfish.. Turtle... Cichlid... Tiger barb... And red tailed shark. In my 40 gallon it seemed like a lot, but now i cant see any of them because theres so many places to hide.. Haha

So any ideas would be apperciated. Community tank im feeling, maybe a cichlid tank?:)

A cichlid tank would be awesome! You could put lots of different colors and varieties.

Make sure if you do a cichlid tank to add lots of rock structures.
You can read this article on hardscaping. It's lengthy but rather interesting if you really are thinking cichlid.

Fish-etc.com/aquascaping-main/set-up-and-aquascaping-a-chichlid-habitat

Oooo, have you got a stocklist yet? Now you have dirted feel like should do a bad *** planted tank.

no stock list, but i am really feelings carpet of baby tears or micro swords, also i want aquarium trees...
but for fish?
Anglefish is all I can really think of right now

Right but there is a good planting technique where you grow your carpet first then fill the tank it lets your carpet grow faster and establishes thick roots without the chance of melting.

Once the carpet is established usually 1 or 2 months you fill your tank and bam you have a nice carpet. it is twofold because it allows your soil to degass as carpet grows so you dont have any changes in ph etc

Here is one link to dry start method there are other ways but they are all very similar dry start method - Aqua Botanic's Aqua Bloggin

Wow that is actually really interesting. Oddly enough i have something like that going on! That sooil i have in is currently saturated. I dont know what brought me to do this really.. I just did:) all is well:)

Back
Top Bottom