125g Amazon Tank Photo Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I put this in my 10g shrimp tank, should I cover up the CO2 tube with any netting or will they not get caught in there? I have covered the bottom of the filter with a piece of nylon so the babies won't get caught up in there. But, what about that CO2 tube?

I could also just place it in my other 10g with Bert and the cories and not have to cover the bottom part. These filters are so cheap....if it works, I could get another one to doctor up for my shrimp tank. I can't tell you how cool this is...made my day!

Now...do you place it anywhere in the tank or should it be close to the plants?

Yeah you need a CO2 source then like a 3/4" airstone to put in that filter where the sponge is currently. Now after reading that article if may be too efficient for the standard 2x 1 liter bottles of DIY CO2 on a 10G. But would work nicely on that 29G you working on.

Yeah you need a CO2 source then like a 3/4" airstone to put in that filter where the sponge is currently. Now after reading that article if may be too efficient for the standard 2x 1 liter bottles of DIY CO2 on a 10G. But would work nicely on that 29G you working on.
Alright, I am sufficiently confused now...you wouldn't put it in the 10g like this? I have it all made up and ready to go...and I am also not sure where you mean to put the airstone. I have the sponge on the outside like the picture has - you would also put a stone inside the filter??? But, not for my 10g?

Dottie are you using CO2? If not then this wont help you.

lol...scratching head....huh...I guess I am not since I don't have any idea what you are talking about...lol
I promise...I have had my coffee this morning...just such a newbie that it isn't funny!
oh, btw....on tank inspection just now...I found two more female red cherry shrimp that survived in my already established 10g with Bert the Betta...incredible. I guess I will keep them in there and not move them over to the new shrimp tank....

appreciate the input guys as alwaysand glad u can use that idea. haven't searched for wood yet. been focusing on some other stuff. i think i may add some more plant varieties soon. currently still having algae issues. i'll get it figured out though. i added 2 t-5 light strips from coralife. very cheap regular t-5's. no HO or VHO. these 2 are around 40W a piece i think. i am using these from 12pm to 12am. the big Pc lamps come on at peak growth times. i'm trying 1pm to 11pm currently, but will likely lower that time cause algae.
the lunars are working fine thus far. a bit clumsy looking and not quite bright enough, but worth a try on a smaller tank. this tank needs at least 6 more LED's. these are blue,wide angle LED's btw.
img_889395_0_c549fb8df008ea4e57562f49e4e65444.jpg

img_889395_1_1a03c99bacd94091e2c248d347456bdc.jpg

night LED's. looks brighter in reality, but not much. puts a nice ambiance in the room, but not good for viewing.
img_889395_2_5c795a9837a647c4624db7fa6bed9a74.jpg

Did you glue those rocks together? Or did you just stack em?

Back
Top Bottom