125G Low Tech Planted Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
8 June 2015 Update

Removed
2 Siamese Algae Eater

Added
5 Otocinclus
3 Nerite Snails

So I ended up removing the 2 Siamese Algae Eater due to them nibbling on too many leaves for my liking. My only problem currently is battling this green spot algae. So I upped my PO4 and that seemed to really help. The green spot algae is slowly but surely disappearing. I add about 10ml of excel every other day (which I should be doing daily but I’m slacking). I’m keeping an eye out on my local craigslist and aquarium forums for someone selling a Co2 setup. Other than that everything is pretty stable. Looking for some advice of on if I should add some background plants for the back right near the output or leave it as is. Also looking for a good foreground plant. Staurogyne repens is my favorite but when I added it the first time I believe the Rummynose caused a lot of damage with nibbling.

Update : 2 October 2015

Looking for some suggestion on addition plants. I plan on adding Co2 to the mix soon. I have been battling GSA for awhile now but I think its mainly because of the lack of constant Co2. I dose about 15 ml of Excel when I can remember lol. And phosphate seems to be fine.

Looks good. Don't let the anubias take much more abuse.. dose some phosphates and glut. Co2 would be best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks good. Don't let the anubias take much more abuse.. dose some phosphates and glut. Co2 would be best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Waiting on my order to come in now to start back dosing phosphates. But every time I tested it it never dropped below 1 ppm. Im leaning towards a Co2Art regulator

Back
Top Bottom