2.5 gal nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epiphysis

Aquarium Advice Freak
44098-albums9135-picture35530.jpg

At last attempted to get a nano started!

Standard 2.5 gal.
Pfs substrate. 18w 6000K CFL light. Dry fert macro's and Flourish for micro's. Excel for carbon.

Plants: Rotala, HM, dwarf grass and riccia.

No critters yet. Shrimps are blacklisted over here so my choices are limited.

Thanks!

Looking at a betta or a few galaxy rasboras. Recently bought a couple of neons for my main tank and got 3 cardinals in the mix. LFS's loss. Thinking of maybe putting those in.

But first need to get the chemistry right because its so easy to overdose something in a nano. Already lost a batch if riccia from an accidental excel overdose.

Why are shrimp blacklisted! Wow that's just awful :(.

Pretty tank, I'd do micro crabs and chili rasboras.

Celestial danios need a 10 gal tank, I hear.

Yeah, our blacklist is a bit of a joke. No freshwater crustaceans or molluscs allowed. So that rules out crabs and snails as well. Also, our copper in our tapwater is a bit on the high side, so I don't know if they will flourish anyway.

Is that heater floating as it looks like it is?

I would get some suckers and try to stick it on.

That screws up any ideas I'd have then :(

The heater is stuck with suckers. I don't have background, that's maybe why it looks like its floating.

My main idea with this tank was to experiment a bit with some high-tech plants mainly. So I'm not too worried about other inhabitants yet. But as mts go, I know there will be something in there within a month or so.

Hmm high tech plants aren't a specialty of mine, but I will be following!

Back
Top Bottom