2.5 gallon (re)build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattS99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Lost my betta a while ago, and I'm finally ready to restock the 2.5. Absolutely no idea what I'll be getting yet, although I've figured out two things...

1: I don't want another betta

2: Shrimp are cool, but I'd definitely prefer to have fish

If you guys have any suggestions on what to keep in there, I'm open to just about anything that'll be good in there.

The tank is pretty bare right now, just the substrate and a couple low light plants. I definitely plan on more plants. So excited to start up this new project and share it with you!

(Random note: I found baby assassin snails in my 20 long today, excited for that too!)

Personally I would put 4-5 pygmy cories in a 2.5g....this isn't a popular statement. I say this because a friend of mine kept 6 pygmy cories in a 3g for several years successfully. If I hadn't seen it done I would probably be against it. That said, it could be an option. Get a sand substrate in with your plants.

Alright, I got stock a bit sooner than I thought I would, LFS had something I couldn't refuse. I was able to get a M/F pair of aphyosemion australe (AKA lyretail killifish) and they're floating in the tank right now. I just need more plants for them.

Anyone have suggestions for some low light, minimal care plants for the killies? Already have a java fern and anubias in there.

Back
Top Bottom