2.5G baby betta aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

khrisNkyersten

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my 2.5G aquarium for my betta baby. It is complete with a decoration (same one in our profile picture), a plant, a small heater, and a air stone bubbler. The small red arrow points to her. I think she is about six weeks? And a female? Hoping to learn more about her as she continues to grow.

Attachments

• 100_1998.jpg
    100_1998.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 100_1999.jpg
    100_1999.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 181
I will try to get a closer picture of her, she's very small and brown and hard to see.

Just the bubbler, I was told that bettas don't like filters because of the current, so I didn't want to upset betta baby.

khrisNkyersten said:
I will try to get a closer picture of her, she's very small and brown and hard to see.

Just the bubbler, I was told that bettas don't like filters because of the current, so I didn't want to upset betta baby.

Cool. Baby bettas are SO cute!
Without a filter you just have to be aware the tank may never cycle so you will need to keep a very close eye on the ammonia and change water frequently. You can have a filter on Betta tank as long as the flow doesn't cause them to be blown around or get tired from struggling against it. I have filters on all my Betta tanks without an issue. There is a picture in my profile of my 8gallon's filter and the sponge I've attached to stop the water causing a huge current. Airstones aren't recommended with bettas because they prefer an almost still waters surface to breathe from.

They really are! I love betta and I am really loving my little one....can't wait to see what she ends up looking like! I'll try to get a better pic of her tomorrow.

Oh really? Well wow, I'll take it out of her tank then...she just avoids it anyway. My panda corys will appreciate it more.

I do half water changes once a week...as she gets bigger I might look into a filter, thanks for the advice!

Here are some pictures of betta baby, as requested:

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 149
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 121
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 124
Back