2 tanks into one.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

racedvl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I finally got tired of having 2 small tanks. I had a 10 gallon and a 9 gallon biurbe. So I got a 20 long from a friend, painted a black background, got a aquaclear 50 hob, and some pfs. I'm running the hob filter from the 10 gallon along with the aquaclear to seed the tank. I put the filter sponge from the biurbe in the aquaclear as well. I have just a few fake plants for now. I must say I like the sand! So here is a before and after.

ForumRunner_20120612_220316.jpg

ForumRunner_20120612_220350.jpg

ForumRunner_20120612_220408.jpg

Looks good, big improvement IMO! What kind and how many fish you got in there? You need some live plants and the tank will really pop!

Well, the stock is gonna change here soon. Current stock is....
Creamsickle molly.
2 long fin black skirt tetras.
2 peppered Cory cats. (Wanna add 3 more cats.)
2 Harlequin rasboras. (Wanna add 3-4 more.)
And 1 scissor tail rasbora.

I know the tetras and the scissor tail need more friends ... but the Bio load would be too great. I might rehome or just keep them the duration. I have had the tetras for almost 3 years in just a group of 2, and the scissor for about a year and one half. I know better now than when I bought them.

And thanks. I do wanna toy with a couple low light, low tech live plants. I am really happy with the turn out of this one so far.

Back
Top Bottom