20 gallon fishes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaTony

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want a unique fish OR fishes that will standout from my friends. The usual fishes are bettas, convicts, guppies, etc. I want something different, any suggestions?

A single fancy goldfish?
I know what your thinking. A goldfish?! But really, nothing stands out more then a 10 inch goldfish in your living room! They are really personable too. :)

For a 20 gal? I don't think a fancy goldie is a good choice for a 20 gal.

I have a couple dicrossus filamentosus in a 20 gal. You don't see those every day. Some colorful killies would be neat as well. Despite their beauty, most hobbyists don't keep them. I have a bunch of Fundulopanchax gardneri nigerianus in a 20 gal and they are spectacular.

I agree a goldfish!! Or maybe you could try some type of killifish?

Oh I thought maybe you had missed the 20 gal part.

Personally, I would never keep any fish that large in a tank of this size. I don't feel it's adequate space. JMO.

Im going to side with the goldfish queen (mumma lol) because I always thought a 20 g was the minimum for fancies, but I guess it's different for each person. I think one would look nice there. Along with maybe some plants and a small piece if driftwood.

Or again, the killifish option is always on the table. Clown kills are pretty cool and different!

siva said:
For a 20 gal? I don't think a fancy goldie is a good choice for a 20 gal.

I have a couple dicrossus filamentosus in a 20 gal. You don't see those every day. Some colorful killies would be neat as well. Despite their beauty, most hobbyists don't keep them. I have a bunch of Fundulopanchax gardneri nigerianus in a 20 gal and they are spectacular.

Oooo I'll check them out

Depends on your price range for $50 I got a gorgeous killie not a golden wonder but an exotic from the amazon.

Back
Top Bottom