20 Gallon Long Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gab_attack

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So finally had the time to set up my 20l tank that's been sitting in the living room. Got the hardscape all done and will be filling it up in a couple hours, any opinions on the hardscape?

Attachments

• 1428346694978.jpg
    1428346694978.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 123
Thanks! Most recent update is I finished filling it up and hooking up the filters!

I've got a fluval aquaclear 20 and a fluval 106 canister with a Marineland 100w heater. So far so good. Still need to o out and buy some different media though as I don't really need carbon in the canister and I'd like a polishing pad/ more bio media in there.

A little cloudy yet but it's coming along, just dosed 4ppm of ammonia so the cycle has begun!

Attachments

• 1428416733787.jpg
    1428416733787.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 111
On your way. What is the substrate under the branch?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

On your way. What is the substrate under the branch?

It's Eco Complete, then the rest is play sand. The plan is to place a bunch of plants on the side of the branch, then leave the other space for swimming room. Still deciding on plants but I'm sure I'll be using some swords and crypts, maybe hygro if I can find something I like. Might put anubias on the branch, or some moss, not sure yet.

Nice, love the idea. Excited to see how it all turns out

Yes, good idea. This is my 29g tall when the hardscape, equipment, and fake plants were set up. We both have a rather similar design.

Aquariums make for a betta world. Wanna discus it?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428443910.148236.jpgwoops, couldn't find the pic, here's the tank today.

Aquariums make for a betta world. Wanna discus it?

Finally an update on the tank! I went out and splurged on tons of new plants, and got everything planted yesterday. For now I sort of shoved everything in there in the general place I wanted and am gonna let it all grow for awhile before I really work on any sort of specific aquascape.

Here's a quick pic since the lights just came on:

And for those wondering, yes that's a pair of rams in there. I know they prefer more mature tanks but these guys were unplanned pickups, some guy at the store was trying to see if the store would take them cause he just wanted them gone (though I have no idea why, they're such beautiful fish) so I scooped then up. Amy advice on how I might better take care of them is appreciated! My water parameters are all good and I'm gonna probably test at least once a day for a while to make sure it stays pristine for them.

Attachments

• 1430151478924.jpg
    1430151478924.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 106
Just a quick update. Things are growing and filling in, and everyone looks happy! I added in a school of neon tetras after two weeks of just the rams, and they are doing great. The rams are out and about now that they aren't the only ones in there too. I'm planning on moving some of the plants around a bit more, and I've been meaning to add some marsilea and lobelia that's taking over one of my smaller tanks.

Attachments

• 1431303070509.jpg
    1431303070509.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 86
Thanks guys! Hopefully will have another update in a few days/weeks. Planning on adding some corys eventually and still tweaking the amount of glut that needs to be added.

Back
Top Bottom