20 gallon planted update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a beautiful tank! No C02 as well. Very nice. Tanks like yours are inspiring me to set up different tanks and experiment with different tank conditions.
This tank is just a GREAT example of a gorgeous non C02 tank. Wow.

I redid the substrate and severely pruned out the tank this weekend. Only about 60% of the plant mass was put back in.

I used Schultz's Aquatic Plant Soil. I had read mixed reviews on it, the chief problem being that it wouldnt hold the plants. I did not have that problem with it.

Attachments

• img_1992_103.jpg
    img_1992_103.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 82
That looks nice. I like the crowded look a lot better, but I don't know much about FW, but it still looks nice (not SWEET, like the other ones in this post), but I imagine it will looks SWEET soon! LOL!

I like the new substrate, You are brave changing it out, the tank was beautiful before. but I like the new look. should shine when it fills in.

I am sure it will get back to what it was. I just felt the need to do some heavy pruning.

Wow Hara, I had no idea you were also a pro at planted tanks 8O I haven't seen many non-CO2 tanks that can even come close to what you've got there. That is some very impressive work :)

Thanks Travis, but nowhere near "pro". I can barely tell l.repens and l.brevipes apart ;)

I just have an alternative way of looking at things.

about 7 weeks after substrate change..back to having to prune on a regular basis. The big sword sure didnt care much for the change, but I believe it is starting to come back around now. It had to be severely pruned.

Attachments

• img_2517_677.jpg
    img_2517_677.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 92
Been a while since I updated this tank thread...

img_808404_0_c37c2ca68b5d6233b63548b1f8f69264.jpg

Hey Hara, what is the name of the red/white plant you have in the first picture? Its kinda left-center. Regardless, love the tank you have setup....really makes me want to start planting in my own some more.

Hey Hara, what is the name of the red/white plant you have in the first picture? Its kinda left-center. Regardless, love the tank you have setup....really makes me want to start planting in my own some more.

Well this thread was dug up from the grave...

The pic in Hara's very first post looks like Rotala Macrandra to me.

Back
Top Bottom