20 high rescaped!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tcal01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Finally got to repens escaping my 20g. I found this rock on a hike and i carried it the whole 2 miles because i reeeeaaaaally wanted to use it lol. Im no oliver knott but i thinkbit looks pretty good. Let me know what u guys think :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120403_225245.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120403_225245.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 142
  • ForumRunner_20120403_225309.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120403_225309.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 160
  • ForumRunner_20120403_225339.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120403_225339.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 167
  • ForumRunner_20120403_225549.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120403_225549.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 146
I like it! That's a cool rock. I like how you have the sand deeper on one side. It's going to look super awesome once the plants fill in!

Wow! Awesome tank!! 2 miles with a heavy rock.......not my cup of tea haha:) what plants do you have in there? Have you thought about tying some moss down to the rock?

Thanks everyone. I have red ludwigia, dwarf hairgrass, microswords, Amazon swords, crypt wendtii (i think) and Java ferns. I can't wait until the ludwigia fills in in the back. I was going to paint the background black but i didnt wwant to wait for it to dry and every time i go to the lfs i forget to buy a background grrrrr. I was thinking about doing a moss wall maybe even as the background. Lol my mom dared me to post my tank cuz she doesn't like the way it looks and wanted to see what u guys said. She thinks the rock should be facing the other way but to me that just totally breaks the flow of the tank. IM gonna take some sand out cuz its way to high. Its actually about 5 gallons worth and I'd like to show some more if the rock.

It looks amazing! It reminds me of a deserted island! with a volcano and what not. Maybe remove some sand so that you have more room for more fish!:fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2:= :D

Matt_7689 said:
It looks amazing! It reminds me of a deserted island! with a volcano and what not. Maybe remove some sand so that you have more room for more fish!:fish2::fish2::fish2::fi2::fish2::fish2:= :D

Thanks :) i removed some sand about a week ago and i like it a lot better. A little less surface area but more room for fish as u said.

Austin.b said:
What about a moss wall on the back wall? Or side wall?:)

I have the mesh for it already actually. I just need to figure out what kind of moss i want to use and then find it. I am thinking either Xmas moss or Taiwan moss. I think i might just do all three walls lol

Your tank looks nice. Love the rock for 2 miles, I would totally do that, so I understand. Sometimes it just "speaks" to you!!!

I want to do a moss panel, I have a view through the tank thing between the entry and living room, so I can't do a background. Setting up my new one in a couple days, can't wait.

I was thinking a moss side panel might be good where the sun shines through, in the sunny side of the tank.

Tcal01 do a moss something... give me inspiration!!!

Autumnsky said:
Your tank looks nice. Love the rock for 2 miles, I would totally do that, so I understand. Sometimes it just "speaks" to you!!!

I want to do a moss panel, I have a view through the tank thing between the entry and living room, so I can't do a background. Setting up my new one in a couple days, can't wait.

I was thinking a moss side panel might be good where the sun shines through, in the sunny side of the tank.

Tcal01 do a moss something... give me inspiration!!!

Thanks momma :) autumn, that rock basically delivered a speech when i saw it lol. I think IM gonna do the back and two sides if my tank as moss walls using either willow or xmas. I kinda want to leave the rock alone except for the Java ferns on it cuz i just can't picture moss on it. Ill try to put some inspiration out there for u lol

Back
Top Bottom