26g goldfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jlk said:
Looks good!!!! Did you paint the back of the tank black or is it a background? Im debating on painting the back of my 'leech tank' black since its going outside sunday to be cleaned. Its been WAY too cold to to be sloshing around in freezing water & bleach the last few days!

Thanks! Yes I did. First tank I've ever done it to and I'm so going to paint the others if/when they get torn down next time. It was so easy. Just taped up the edges and used garbage bags to cover the other sides and opening. You should definitely paint the 'leech tank'!

ocminpin said:
Wow! Great deal... Stand looks good :) you're inspiring me to look into the Goldie arena... Would be fun to get one as a baby and see how big they actually get.
Don't they get up to 12"? What's their life span compared to mollies & platies?

Thanks! That's one of the reasons I got another. The three I already had are basically adults (well not adult size but age) and I wanted to raise a baby. :D Some fancies can get to 12" but I think the average size for a ranchu is about 6" not including tail.

absolutangel04 said:
I like it. :)

Thank you!

image-2251213698.jpg

image-2864058166.jpg

image-2744766050.jpg

Woods in. I scrubbed it last night and put it through the dishwater twice. It's not water logged so I zip tied some slate to the bottom and sat some on top. Tannins don't bother me so I didn't soak it either. The plastic plants are from the QT to add some BB and some green while the real ones grow in. There is a sword top left corner, a tiger lotus behind the wood and an anubia in front of the wood on the left. I added some duck weed too to help with nitrates though I'm probably going to regret that. Moved the QT filter in to seed the other one, Percys in and the lights are off. Tanks still quite cloudy but it will clear. :)

Attachments

• image-884219329.jpg
    image-884219329.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 73
  • image-4205555599.jpg
    image-4205555599.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 79
Got the lights on this morning. Percy's swimming around checking everything out. He must be enjoying the tank and must feel comfortable in it. He was always so skittish while in QT. Every time I walked past he hide in a corner and quiver in fear. He's like a different fish already! :) I have two males guppies in his tank at the moment. They where getting picked on in every tank I tried them in so they are going to live in there until Percy is big enough to eat them. I think he enjoys the company. He keeps swimming along with them.

I have two internal filters at the moment. One 200L/h and another 700L/h. Not quite the type of filtration I'd like to have but good enough for now. Was looking at a AC70 but for that price I could buy a canister! They are expensive! Any suggestions?

chagoi said:
Pre soaked sinking food. If he can get stuck in the wood he may.

Great looking tank nice job.

Thanks. :) He gets pre soaked hikari pellets. There is one section of the wood at one end that could cause a problem but I'm going to put a plant in there. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Are you still thinking about getting him a goldfish friend?

The juries still out on that one. :) Some days yes others no. Lol Today I'm leaning towards yes. Watching him play with the guppies makes me think he's been scared and lonely.

Well yesterday I went to return something to the store I got Percy from and got him a friend.

image-4182485136.jpg

image-3581408547.jpg

He's an oranda. I'm so glad I got him. They've spent the last half a day taking turns chasing each other. They slept next to eat other last night and if one swims off the other quickly swims after. It's so cute to watch. They really are social creatures.

Attachments

• image-2909377998.jpg
    image-2909377998.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 59
Mumma.of.two said:
Well yesterday I went to return something to the store I got Percy from and got him a friend.

He's an oranda. I'm so glad I got him. They've spent the last half a day taking turns chasing each other. They slept next to eat other last night and if one swims off the other quickly swims after. It's so cute to watch. They really are social creatures.

Aww!! So cute!

Thank you SOO much for the idea to paint the back of the tank black, Mumma!!! Not a great pic but I finally got the 'leech tank' disinfected, painted, & just finished getting it back up & running! Dosent look as dark as the pic but the flash reflection whited out the pic so I couldnt use it. Def going to do this again! :)

Mumma.of.two said:
Thanks. :) it's like they've always been together. Hit it off straight away. They remind me of puppies. Lol

Oooo puppy puppy... I want a puppy!!

Oh... Wait.. I already have 3 dogs... Nevermind ... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom