29 + 10 planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PPS-Pro doses macros and micros (nutrients) daily. I think it is a watered down version of the EI (Estimative Index) method which typically alternates macros on one day and micros on the other. PPS-Pro solutions are mixed ahead of time and dosed at a rate of 1 mL per 10 gallons of tank water. EI are often dry dosed (nutrients/salts are measured and added directly to the tank). EI employs a 50% water change per week to "reset" the tank.
I purchased my PPS-Pro kit from Green Leaf Aquariums (GLA).
Where I am right now, watered down is just fine!
Well its something i want to make and have in the tank with moss and such growing on it
You could certainly try the Mayco food safe raku. You'll have to share pictures if you move forward with this project!

Received some lovely plants from @JungleFowl today.

1479434286863.jpg
Lots of little bits of guppy grass.

1479434331136.jpg
Süßwassertang

1479434667933.jpg
Some of the pancuraji

1479434887719.jpg
And the not- yet- fired tree it will be attached to

Oh my goodness was today a rollercoaster.

I got a python water changing tool! And our faucets are not standard sizes.

We were expecting a female blue ram, and we were bringing in some baby snails for store credit. Baby snails are SO CUTE. And the new mosses were pearling! And...

The water level on the 10 gallon wasn't even with the top of the tank. Obviously the trim had come off or something. Or maybe the stand both tanks are on is separating.

In complete NEED NEW TANK STANDS RIGHT NOW mode, I found a 10 gallon stand on craigslist for $15. Then, when we went to the fish nerd place, we got a 29 gallon stand for $20. Now we just have to make it through the night because my husband is at work and this is not a one person job.

I didn't get as much as I had hoped for the snails, but our new little ram is quite hungry and brave. Also tiny. She's the same size as the Harlequins. It's hard to take a picture because she keeps turning to look straight at me when I try to take pictures.

1479520190916.jpg
1479520202182.jpg

I'm a little nervous that she is actually a he, which has happened before.

How is this fish still pregnant?
1479520377579.jpg

We got a new male guppy today, too. He looks like he's glowing! I think I might put him in with Sunny and our new female to see what happens.

30314940753_d367bd461d_k.jpg

I'm giddy. It was a huge job moving everything, and I really hope they aren't uncycled, but they look great and the CO2 set-up is perfect. I do need lighting at least for the big tank now, though.

I'd add dark backgrounds, but that's me.
Congrats on a safe move.
Sorry I missed this. I agree that a dark background would be nice. When we had the tanks in the window, we needed the light and so didn't have any background. I take a lot of pictures, so Iwa want something that will really accentuate my beautiful sparkling fish.

The 10 gallon very suddenly got very cloudy. Like hard to see stuff cloudy. I thought maybe a bit of the snail jelly was dissolving or something, so I sucked it up and removed a good amount of water. The water is still pretty cloudy.

Our mysteries are going at it like nobody's business. The female laid eggs for the second time at the bottom of the tank. She'll figure it out, right?

A bit of microsword came up in the 29 gallon, so I stuck my hand in the tank to push it back down. Fast Sparkles, our female blue ram, bit me repeatedly. And hard! Like seriously fish you are an inch long. I saw her swishing around in the sand and at first thought she was flashing. Nope. She has made a very nice little flat space. I'm curious and excited about that.

Worried about the dwarf gourami. The guppies and Harlequins ignore the rams, but Silvery is definitely not.

We have three baby rabbit snails. They are so stinking cute. Despite being smaller than the trapdoors, they seem to be able to avoid being cichlid food much better.

The 10 gallon is still really cloudy. Parameters are all fine. 0, 0, 5. pH was low for them, 6.6, but not crazy.

Fast Sparkles is not okay with my hands in the tank. On the one hand, I don't blame her. On the other, I need to reach the seaweed clip and prefilter sponge. And the occasional plant dug up by the rabbits. She outright attacks me. She's totally friendly and watches and begs for food when I'm outside of the tank, but the story changes when I break the surface.

One of the male guppies is clamping his tail fin, and it's a bit ragged on the edge. He's the only one showing any of this, but I'm nervous. I'm not sure what treatment he needs, but I should probably isolate him.

Back
Top Bottom