29 gal... unsure of floor plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm I was thinking something more like a cement wall...what you did sounds a little harder to do

I just have to say I love your cory-cat indoor pool! Sweet! I'd love to see a pic or video of them enjoying it ;)

Is there an easier way to do the walls? Maybe with something found at home possibly?

Sculpey polymer clay is aquarium safe once baked and cured. Any polymer clay that is oven baked is safe. Garden stores tend to sell slate. You don't need much but the aquarium safe silicone is a must, other kinds will poison the fish. You could also stack it without any silicone to glue it together.

So let's just say that I take some polymer clay and make some circles then bake it and just set it in my aquarium...that's safe? And also, how high should the walls be? And I have a cory, do you think he'd like a circle of sand? He's all lonely, I think he might like something to do

Be sure to bake it as directed then let it cool and maybe sit in some water for a couple days. Change the water daily. It shouldn't leach anything at all after baking but I would soak it just to be sure. Better safe than sorry! I recommend sculpey brand, it's a little pricey at 3 or 4 bucks for like two ounces at hobby lobby but it comes in a zillion colors, is easy to work with, and doesn't harden til you bake it. It's also a brand I've seen people use in the aquarium with no problems before. I've used it for years for various uses and I'm planning on making some caves with it sometime soon.

I already got some for x-mas. Caves sound fun! For my birthday, I'm getting a 30-40 gallon tank, so I can move my big plants and decor into there and put some hand made decor into the 10g I have! ^^ I think, since it's safe after its baked, I might put some things in there I made and baked a couple years back! Wow! The possibilities with my clay just got endless!!! And if I got some sand! I'm excited with ideas!!! Can you send me pics of your clay stuff in your tank(s)?

I don't have anything in the tanks yet. Made other stuff with it throughout the years. I only discovered it was aquarium safe like a month ago! Also, you can texture it with some sand stuck to it before you bake it. Just spread some dry clay over it before baking.

I hate to be such a critic, but I honestly don't like the textured idea, it kinda bothers me. I might use it if I ever decided to grow moss though. I don't mean to be a hater! Just a matter o opinion! ^^

I'm going to do it so it blends into my sand and looks more natural, at least for my more natural looking tanks. The one with all the fake plants and big glass thing will get a more whimsical addition.

Oh yes! Hey im posting a new thread, you should check it (I need plant help) ^^

Back
Top Bottom