29 gallon progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
So right now here is my 29 gallon.
Filtration- aquaclear 50 HOB on the left, live sponge filter from angelsplus on the right.
Lighting- flourescent strips, 15w each, for a total of 30w, they are old and need to be replaced, so I will be visiting home depot at some point in search of plant growing lights.
Substrate- sand, just added malaysian trumpet snails
Decor- One piece of driftwood so far, (more to come) a terracotta pot broke in half for caves
Live plants- java fern and two amazon swords bought at local fish store, in the mail I have coming- Anubis, assorted crypts, more java fern, dwarf sag. I have also ordered root tabs and some basic fertilizer additive (seachem flourish)
Livestock-
8 cherry barbs
6 cory cats
4 otos
2 bolivian rams
1 bristlenose pleco
1 apple snail

I am not sure if I like the bubble curtain or not, I only put it in there becuase I thought it looked off balance with the bubbles coming out of the sponge filter on the right. I am considering putting a second sponge filter in the left, moving the aquaclear filter to the center and removing the bubble curtain completely. It sounds trivial, I also want to eventually move that thermometer to the bottom and hide it behind the plants once they start growing really good.

In really like the buried pots.

it is actually one pot broke in half. I bought two, the first one crumbled when i tried to break it with the hammer, the second one split in half nicely and I filed the edges before i pushed it into the sand.

updated picture!

ok, here is a picture from today! Plants are added, and one dose of seachem flourish.

Back
Top Bottom